Sunday 27 March 2011

Dipping Oil for Baguette

I like to serve dipping oils for bread with heavy stews or lasagnes. I love the way the oil infused with herbs caresses my tongue, flavours soft bread and fragrances each bite with combinations of earthy aromas. I infuse my oils for dipping with whatever I can find in my cabinets or refrigerator. It’s all about finding flavours that complement each other. I also use this recipe for toasted croutes of baguette. I simply brush flavoured oil on small pieces of baguette and then toast them.  If you decide to serve the oil as a dip for bread, pour the oil into separate ramekins so each guest would have their own. Garnish it with a sprig of rosemary floating on top.



Ingredients:1 cup extra virgin olive oil, 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar,1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese,1 1/2 tablespoons Herbes de Provence, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, 4 -5 cloves garlic, minced, pinch of cayenne pepper. 

Directions:

Whist all ingredients in a bowl, leave in the refrigerator for an hour or two.  Slice or tear baguette into pieces and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment