Sunday 27 March 2011

My Favourite Cheesecake

Cheesecake is always a safe bet when you’re entertaining.  I usually turn to this elegant dessert when I’m not familiar with what my company likes. It has a rich, smooth but far from heavy consistency. I serve it after a heavy main course and my guests usually cannot refuse a second piece. Since this recipe requires sour cream, it can be frozen.  I like to top my cheesecake with cherries in syrup or with a drizzle of dolce de leche.

Ingredients:

1-1/4 cups HONEY MAID Graham Crumbs, 1/4 cup butter, melted, 5 pkg. (250 g each) Brick Cream Cheese, softened, 1 cup sugar, 3 Tbsp. flour, 1 Tbsp. vanilla, 1 cup sour cream, 4 eggs.


Preparation:

Preheat oven to 325°F if using a silver 9-inch springform pan (or to 300°F if using a dark nonstick 9-inch springform pan). Mix crumbs and butter; press firmly onto bottom of pan. Bake 10 min.

Beat cream cheese, sugar, flour and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add sour cream; mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended. Pour over crust.

Bake 1 hour 10 min. or until centre is almost set. Run knife or metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim of pan. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment